Friday 20 January 2012

Liquid lunch anyone?

A dear friend has lent me her Juicer and Jason Vale 3 Day Juice Detox Master Book and out of curosity and competitive spirit (this same friend only last a morning on the 3day juice detox!!!) I decided to give it a go and see what this juicing was all about.
It advocates a cleanse of your whole system flushing out toxins and eliminating the urges for caffeine and junk food plus a flatter stomach...so what's not to like about that?!
So I started it on a Monday and finished it on the Wednesday night, and the juices actually taste great, the worst time of day is about 4-5pm but it's really not too bad at all. Yes of course you feel a bit hungry and tired but I must say if has completely eradicated my morning coffee urges, and eating unhealthy food actually makes me feel quite sick now also my portion sizes for carbs are much smaller now and I feel like my body has been completely reset itself to how it should feel towards food and how it digests it telling me what to stay clear of and what is good for me.


Going forward I'm definately going to drink a glass of fresh juice a day as the quick intake of nutrients and vitamins is far better than any Berroca tablet! But juicing isn't a replacement of a balanced diet as the fruit and vegetable enzymes can damage your teeth so make sure you brush after every glass, last thing you want is great skin and no teeth!
I would definately recommend to do the 3 day detox again especially after any heavy weekend or holiday, or just to get yourself back on track to a healthy eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment